Unable to map network drives

julie.kilbourne at amd.com julie.kilbourne at amd.com
Fri Apr 30 16:13:09 GMT 1999

Hello,

Can anyone help me?

We are trying to set up SAMBA version 2.0.3 running on a Sun SPARC 20
running 4.1.4.  We want to use our NT domain to authenticate
usernames/passwords.  We are unable to map network drives.  The error
message displayed when typing 'Start' 'Run' '\\sambaservername' is:

This account is not authorised to login from this station.

Here is part of our smb.conf file....   Any thought at all would be really
welcome,

[global]

   netbios name =
   server string =
   remote announce =
   allow hosts =
   password server = sfrmamd15
   wins server = 165.204.1.115

   username map = /home/samba/samba/julie/user.map
   password level = 0
   security = domain
   workgroup = AMD
   encrypt password = yes