Installation Setup for NT

Thompson, Dave ThompsD1 at bsci.com
Thu Apr 29 20:17:42 GMT 1999

Hi,

I'm very new to Samba and to this list, and I'm trying to figure out how to
configure it so it works with NT.  It's installed on Solaris 2.6, and we're
trying to grant access to a particular filesystem to an NT4 machine.  I know
absolutely nothing about NT, but I have the task of configuring Samba to
work well and play with others, and that includes this NT server.  It works
fine with Win95.

I've searched documents on-line and those that came with the package, and
from what I can tell, there are specific variables that must be set.  Here
is what I currently have in the smb.conf for the particular filesystem in
question:

[fnsw]
        comment=Archive files
        path=/archive
        lock=yes
        guest ok=no
        valid users=fnsw
        browseable=yes
        user=fnsw
        writable=yes
        client code page=437

Am I missing something?  Is there something else I need to do?  Whenever we
try to connect from the NT server through Samba to the /archive directory,
it says, "The account is not authorized to login from this station."  Please
help!

Thanks,

-Dave