License manager

Janet Dickson janet at bioss.sari.ac.uk
Thu Apr 29 07:51:42 GMT 1999

>Has anyone successfully incorporated a Win95 app that uses FlexLM
>license manager on a Samba file system. I would be extremely interested
>in talking with you as we are trying to install Parametric Technology's
>ProEngineer on our Samba file server. We do have a copy of the
>Unix version of the license manager, but I am not sure how I can get
>the Win95 client to talk to it.

Hi Carey

	Yes, I have a statistical package Genstat for Windows which requires
FlexLM licence management.  The software is in a share on the Samba
fileserver which gets mounted as directory G:  In autoexec.bat (Win95)
there is a line :

	set LM_LICENSE_FILE=g:\gen541\license\license.dat

The file license.dat on the server is a symbolic link to my UNIX FlexLM
licence file which contains licence keys for both UNIX and Windows.

	Janet

Janet Dickson                        |
http://www.bioss.sari.ac.uk/~janet
Biomathematics & Statistics Scotland | email: janet at bioss.sari.ac.uk
The King's Buildings, Mayfield Rd    | Telephone: +44 (0) 131 650 4888
Edinburgh EH9 3JZ, Scotland, UK.     | Fax: +44 (0) 131 650 4901