Suppressing headers, printing via NT

HARTNUJ at uk.ibm.com HARTNUJ at uk.ibm.com
Wed Apr 28 13:41:40 GMT 1999

I've just set up lpd to print to a postscript printer attached to an NT
server, using the Redhat 5.2 version of the smbprint command. Eventually
I'd like this machine to be the department's standard lpr->SMB gateway.

It works perfectly, except that since smbclient always logs onto the NT
server with the same ID, no matter who prints the job, the same
NT-generated banner page gets printed.
The NT guys here assure me that "suppress cover sheet" or whatever, is
something that's set on the client.

How can I prevent NT from printing its banner, so I can let lpd do it (and
therefore get the username right)?

Thanks

John