smbmount doesn't work

B. James Phillippe bryan at terran.org
Wed Apr 28 00:34:30 GMT 1999

Hi,

Thanks for answering my question on the new smbmount not working.  I tried
all variety of combinations on the commands you suggested, but they all
simply do this:

% smbmount -c //server/share 'mount /mnt/samba-share -n CLIENT -U user'
Usage: smbmount service <password> [-p port] [-d debuglevel] [-l log]
Version 2.0.3
        -p port               connect to the specified port
        -d debuglevel         set the debuglevel
        -l log basename.      Basename for log/debug files
        -n netbios name.      Use this name as my netbios name
        -N                    don't ask for a password
        -m max protocol       set the max protocol level
        -I dest IP            use this IP to connect to
        -E                    write messages to stderr instead of stdout
        -U username           set the network username
        -W workgroup          set the workgroup name
        -c command string     execute semicolon separated commands
        -t terminal code      terminal i/o code {sjis|euc|jis7|jis8|junet|hex}
        -D directory          start from directory

Perhaps there is something else I need to do?

Again, the old smbmount works perfectly every time with:

smbmount //server/share /mnt/samba-share -c CLIENT -U user -P passwd \
	-u nobody -g nobody -f 666 -d 777

thanks,
-bp
B. James Phillippe		. bryan at terran.org