Help. Samba/NT is very slow.

Paul Morris PMORRIS at wihri.org
Tue Apr 27 14:31:44 GMT 1999

  We have a UNIX host and NT4.0 workstations.  The Samba version is 1.9.15p8.  Our samba users are all off site in another building and complain about screen turn around of 2 to 5 minutes.  Running Samba apps in this building also is very slow, but not as bad.  All other UNIX and Network apps work fine to remote users, so the Network does not seem to be a problem.  However, we may have a setting or config file screwed up.
   I have read that Win95 has a problem with the strict sync bit but I do not know if this applies to NT.  We are new to this and have no in-house experts.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.