samba/smbmount/NT-PDC/2.0.x/2.2.x

Johan Roos roos at byggdok.se
Mon Apr 26 12:06:35 GMT 1999

This is to much.  :(

I have:
1 sambaserver (2.0.2) authenticating to a WinNT PDC.

1 Redhat5.2/intel workstation with kernel 2.2.x and smbmount 2.0.3 connecting to
        the sambaserver. Working perfectly.

1 Redhat5.2/intel workstation with kernel 2.0.x and smbmount 2.0.1 connecting
        to the WinNT PDC. Working perfectly.

But...
As I try to connect to the sambaserver from the 2.0.x machine i get this:
ERRSRV - ERRbadpw (Bad password - name/password pair in a Tree Connect or
Session Setup are invalid.)

I am totally confused. Please unconfuse me.

I have tested with differnt users and the pattern is always as above.