Filenames with Windows-1250 chars

David Skoupil skoupil at inf.upol.cz
Thu Apr 22 13:27:17 GMT 1999

Hi everyone,

Please, can you guide me on what shall I do to be able to create and
access files with filenames containing Windows-1250 (Central European)
characters from Windows 98?

It works with default Samba settings from NT but not from 98.

I tried different combinations of almost everything and got all kind of
confusing results - for example, I was able to create a file containing
the Latin-2 character in its name but NOT containing space at the same
time.

Any help is highly appreciated.

David.

-----
David Skoupil
Computer Science Department, Palacky University
David.Skoupil at upol.cz
http://www.upol.cz/~skoupil