NFS

Jim jmadams at hex.net
Tue Apr 20 03:01:06 GMT 1999

Perhaps I am doing this all wrong, I am new to this. I am using the lates
version of SAMBA, and am trying to mount a remote win95 drive on my linux box.
I tried smbmount and it didn't work, unknown command. I also tried the following
don't laugh.
mount  -t nfs \\server\share \remotes
when I do this I am returned an error saying can't locate the address for the
server.  I can smbclient \\server\share and get files that way, but I was
wondering if there is a way to mount this so it shows up in KDE as a file.
Sorry for the dumb question, and who in their right mind would want to mount a
winxx drive on a linux box. It's a long story.