password

DJ teckman at devco.ca
Sat Apr 17 18:39:06 GMT 1999

Hello
 I have 2.0.3 setup but cannot connect to the shares. From any client i
try it asks for a password to \\teck\ipc$  What password is this? And i
wanted it to not look for any passwords other than the clients NT
password. So is this security=server I dont want to set up accounts for
every client who may ever want to browse a non passworded share on the
linux machine. And last but not least when i tell smb.conf the name or
ip of the (NT) pdc it doesnt recognize the statement?

tia for any light in the darkness:)