Problem connecting from PC

Howard Johnson hjohnson at tacsys.com
Fri Apr 16 19:21:52 GMT 1999

Our network is primarily Windows NT including a FreeBSD 2.2.5 server running
a FreeBSD port of Samba 2.0.3.

When I try to connect to the FreeBSD machine from my Windows NT workstation
I get the following errors:

	using "net view \\NS1"
		Access denied.

	using "net use * \\NS1\tmp /user:hjohnson" and then entering my password
		The account is not authorized to login from this station.

However, I can do a "nmbclient //NS1/tmp -Uhjohnson%secret" and connect just
fine.

I commented out the "hosts allow" out of smb.conf and still no success.  Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

     Howard Johnson                         @fax, Inc.
     Network Administrator                  TAC Systems
     Voice (256) 721-1976                   1035 Putman Drive
     FAX   (256) 721-0242                   Huntsville, AL 35816
     http://www.atfax.com                   http://www.tacsys.com