DEC UNIX 4.0a Question

Jason L Steiner jsteiner at paychex.com
Fri Apr 16 14:37:47 GMT 1999

I am currently running Samba 2.0.3 on my DEC UNIX 4.0a systems.
I have a product on these systems which allows me to provide
fail-over capability from one system to another called TruCluster.

This product allows me to set up "services" which are simply IP
addresses that 'never' fail. The services I have set up are NFS
disk services so that my NFS mounts 'never' fail.

I would like to point Samba to these NFS services rather than tie
Samba to the IP address of a machine (which can go down). The
problem is that I cannot do this using the Samba configuration
directives named "interfaces" and "bind interfaces only" in smb.conf.

Am I missing something here? The NFS services I have are not really
NIC cards, per se, but, rather just an IP address which never goes down
and may not be able to be configured from a local machine. Anyone out
there doing something similar that may be able to help me?

Jason Steiner
Software Configuration Manager
Paychex Incorporated