Excel 'save as HTML' problem with Samba 2.0

Sunny Hwang Guzman guzmans at cig.mot.com
Thu Apr 15 14:00:32 GMT 1999

Hello,
Eversince I upgraded Samba to 2.0 version I've gotten so many calls from
the users regarding Excel 'save as HTML' problem.
What seems to be happening is that the users cannot save their Excel
spreadsheet as html file when they were able to with the previous Samba
version we had installed (Samba 1.9.18p10).

According to MS 'knowledge database', this is a known MS Excel problem
that the HTML file cannot be saved onto the mounted volume
(Ex. your home directory mounted on H:\ drive).

However, I cannot think that this isn't Samba related issue since 'save
as HTML' used to work with the Samba 1.9.18p10.
Maybe what was broken in Samba 1.9.18p10 gotten fixed in Samba 2.0(and
the entire problem lies on MS) or vise versa.

Can any body shed some light on this issue?
Thanks in advance for any comments/feedbacks.

 Sunny Hwang Guzman
 --
 ITS
 1421 West Shure DR, Arlington Heights, IL. 60004
 E-mail: guzmans at cig.mot.com