your mail

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Thu Apr 15 13:54:05 GMT 1999

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Bousfield Peter wrote:

> After upgrading to samba 2.0.0 on solaris 2.6 I get the following error
> on some NT4 machines.
>
> When I double click on a printer I get a message about needing to
> install the printer.  After clicking yes to install the printer I get
> the following error message:  "The server on wich the printer resides
> does not have a suitable NULL printer driver installed. Click on OK if
> You wish to install the driver on Your local machine."

Samba does not currently support the downloading of printer drivers to NT
clients (yet).  The current solution is to install the driver locally (on
the NT client).  Once the necessary printing rpc calls have been
implemented in the Samba tree, NT will be able to download the drivers
from the Samba box automatically.

Cheers,
jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter