No subject

Bousfield Peter Peter.Bousfield at wmc.com.au
Thu Apr 15 08:02:22 GMT 1999

After upgrading to samba 2.0.0 on solaris 2.6 I get the following error on
some NT4
machines.

When I double click on a printer I get a message about needing to install
the printer.
After clicking yes to install the printer I get the following error message:
"The server on wich the printer resides does not have a suitable NULL
printer driver installed. Click on OK if You wish to install the driver on
Your local machine."

I searched the archives and the only solutions I found were to add some code
so
that entries in the printcap file could contain driver= entries, or to have
seperate
service entries in the smb.conf file for each printer that contained a
printer driver entry.

I don't have the patch for the first solution and the second solution is a
bit icky.

Does anybody know of the best workaround for the "NULL printer driver"
problem?

peter