Samba 2.0.3 and Printing Problem

jrubio jrubio at edei.es
Wed Apr 14 15:48:29 GMT 1999

Hi,

Before, I wrote

 I upgraded my old version of samba (samba 1.9.16p9) to samba 2.0.3 and
 I have found some problems, and I don´t Know to resolve them.

 1.- Printing from Win98 generates the next message:
   ´unKnown error, restart Windows and printing again.´

 2.- I have changed the permissions of spool dir to 1777, but  the
problems continue.

 3.- Apparently the server tries to write a file in the spool directory
when I print, but the file is never written.

Now, I have more information:

- My Samba 2.0.3 is a compiled Slackware Distribution.

- The spool directory is "/tmp" by default, I changed it to "/print"
throught the ´path´ command in the smb.conf file but it doesn´t work,
the spool directory is "/tmp" before and after it.

- If I print the file "/etc/hosts" (for example) with the 'smbclient'
command I have the next message:
   "ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.) opening remote file hosts-239"

Please I need some help, thanks.