Samba eating CPU ressources

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Wed Apr 14 14:09:48 GMT 1999

Tomek Jarosinski wrote:

> when people are working with netscape (netscape cache is
> in their homes), but also with some other application
> (SPSS). We plan to set for all 2000 users netscape
> cache on c:\temp, but with 1.9.18 this problem
> was not existing.

I have always had this problem with netscape.  Always
better to cache to the local disk.  Wish I had more
information for you.

I would suggest doing a combination of truss and using
smbstatus to see what is going on though.

Cheers,
jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )