hmmm.. oplock problem on smb craches MS Word ... ?!?

EFT.Eric Devolder eric.devolder at eft.be
Wed Apr 14 10:41:44 GMT 1999

We run samba 2.0.3 and it works fine since several weeks, until these
days...
Since two days I get lots of problems with samba. Oplocks seems to cause
troubles, and it crashes MS Word in such messages: "unrecoverable network
error" indefinitely until Dr Watson (under NT).

We run 2.0.3 with samba as PDC. Quite all the clients run NT 4.0.

Here is the entry I encounter very often in the logs :

[1999/04/14 11:29:52, 0] smbd/oplock.c:request_oplock_break(943)

  request_oplock_break: no response received to oplock break request to pid
1807
0 on port 2384 for dev = 808, inode = 1753116

The config file is very simple, here is a snapshot:
(it is not complete, the sharings are not essential here :) )

# Global parameters
        workgroup = EFT_UNIX
        netbios name = DAFFY
        server string = Linux File Server for EFT
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        map to guest = Bad User
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        nt smb support = No
        time server = Yes
        deadtime = 15
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY
        client code page = 850
        character set = iso8859-1
        logon script = %U.bat
        logon path = \\%N\profiles\%U
        logon drive = k:
        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 65
        preferred master = Yes
        domain master = Yes
        wins support = Yes
        hosts allow = 192.168.0. localhost

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        read only = No
        browseable = No

[profiles]
        comment = Samba Profiles for logins
        path = /home/profiles/%U
        read only = No
        browseable = No

[netlogon]
        comment = Network Logon Service
        path = /home/netlogon

[printers]
        comment = All printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        print ok = Yes
        browseable = No

[shares]

Can someone help ? Does anyone have an idea ?

Thank you in advance,

regards.

	Eric Devolder.