2 Small Problems

Kashif Hasan u961047 at giki.edu.pk
Tue Apr 13 07:39:37 GMT 1999

hello
i have a linux box with RedHat 5.1 using kernel 2.2.3
i had just installed Samba ver 2.0.3 and am now faciong with twp problems

1.
I tried to run the smbd as a daemon using both the meta-daemon loader inetd and also using a script containing smbd -D but i cannot see the smbd process running using the ps aux listing. Also i cannot see the shares from the other machines on the net.

2.
I tried to compile smbmount , smbumount and smbmnt by editing the samba2.spec file in the ~/samba/packages/RedHat/ directory and including the proper flags for smbmount i.e. --with-smbmount flag in the ./configure line but i still could not upgrade my smbmount. I need a way to upgrade smbmount so that i could mount shares from other machines

Please help me out.
Thanks in advance.