Requesting advice on printer settings

Steve Snyder ssnyder at indy.net
Tue Apr 13 19:06:52 GMT 1999

For whatever reason, Samba v2.0.3 is no longer setting the correct
print-related commands by default on my Linux (RedHat v2.5, kernel 2.2.5)
system.

Samba now wants to use "lp", a program I don't have on my system.  Setting
the command specifically allows me to use the shared printers.

These seem to work:

        print command = lpr -P%p %s; rm %s
        lpq command = lpq -P%p
        lprm command = lprm -P%p %j

But I'm not sure what the value of these should be:

        lppause command = ??
        lpresume command = ??
        queuepause command = ??
        queueresume command = ??

A related question: how does Samba determine the default "printing ="
value?  Testparm shows my value set to SysV by default.  Whete did it get
that value?

Thank you.

*** Steve Snyder ***