Deleting someone elses print job

Jorge Gonzalez Villalonga jorgegv at icai.upco.es
Tue Apr 13 17:07:13 GMT 1999

Miquel Bonastre wrote:

> > I need to set up one user so he can use the Windows Print Manager to
> > delete any print job, he is the print manager. However I do not want him
> > to have any other kind of supervisory privelages on the linux server for
> > now. How do I do this?
>
>   I tried to do something like this with the option
>
>      admin users = printmaster
>
>   in the printer share, and my surprise was that his print jobs
>   were owned by root but the lprm command was executed as the
>   user.
>
>   Is this a bug? Has anybody tried this succesfully?

Don't know if this is a bug, but I think the thign should be just the
opposite: queue the jobs as a user, so that it appears in the queue with
the right owner, but do the lprm as root, and so it can be removed
freely.

I asked about this issue a few weeks ago, and got no response.

--
Jorge Gonzalez  <jorgegv at icai.upco.es>       -o)
ICAI - Universidad Pontificia Comillas       /\\