set permission causes Dr Watson (PR#15531)

Jeremy Allison jallison at cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Mon Apr 12 16:23:44 GMT 1999

nigel.williams at nomura.co.uk wrote:

> --openmail-part-01a6ac34-00000001
>
> Samba 2.0.3 on Solaris 2.6
> nt acl support=off
> Accessing directory properties/security/permissions causes explorer to
> abort.
> Can this be avoided?

I am CC:ing this to the main Samba list as the answer
may be of interest.

I have added get/set UNIX permissions to the 2.0.x
branch, to fix precisely this bug. This will be in
the 2.0.4 release (due soon).

The main holdup is I need to write the documentation
explaining how the UNIX permissions get/set works :-).

Regards,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.