SAMBA digest 2047

Tim Braun tim at airwire.com
Tue Apr 6 15:34:50 GMT 1999

ieure at crosssound.narrows.com wrote:
> Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 13:05:49 -0700
> From: Ian Eure <ieure at crosssound.narrows.com>
> To: samba at samba.org
> Subject: HP printer drivers on a Samba server?

> Has anyone successfully gotten the printer driver install stuff working
> with HP products?

> Any help is appriciated.
> | Ian Eure

I had the printer driver auto-install feature working here, for an
HP5000
printer.   That's the good news, the bad news is:  that was on a linux
print spooler box which had a hardware failure, and I haven't re-built
the
capability.

I don't recall that it was terribly difficult, I followed the
directions,
grabbed some files from a Win95 system directory, I may have hand
editted
some .inf files.   I used the "Print Test Page" to verify the list of
drivers
used by Win95.

--
Tim Braun                             | Voice: 204-942-2992 ext 228
Symbol Technologies                   | FAX:   204-942-3001