Print Jobs in /tmp

Kevin A. Pieckiel kapieckiel at harding.edu
Mon Apr 5 00:06:15 GMT 1999

I have a quick printing question:

When users print through Samba, a copy of the print job is ALWAYS left in /tmp
and not erased.  When I print through lpr, this is not the case.  I am using
LPRng 3.5.3, Samba 2.0.3, Kernel 2.2.4, and RHL 5.2 with all the update RPMs.

Here are the relevant sections of my smb.conf file:

[global]
   printing = lprng
   print command = /usr/local/bin/lpr -P%p %s -r
   lpq command = /usr/local/bin/lpq -P%p
   lprm command = /usr/local/bin/lprm -P%p %j
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = no

[printers]
   comment = Printers for the CDWORKS domain
   browseable = no
   path = /tmp
   printable = yes
   public = no