Forced file locking - thanks

Eric Sisler esisler at ares.csd.net
Wed Sep 30 04:20:51 GMT 1998

Greetings all,

I apologize for the lateness of this reply.  I've been having (and still
am) problems with my local telco.  I'm lucky to connect at 9600 at this
point and even then it's not exactly an error-free transmission.  <sigh>

I wanted to thank those who offered advice & suggestions concerning my file
locking problem.  I have tried every combination of oplocks, strict
locking, and every other locking type option I can find to no avail.  :-(

I have sent my request for "forced file locking" to the samba team so I'll
wait and see if they decide to implement it in a future release.
Meanwhile, I'll see what I can do to work around it.

Eric Sisler
esisler at ares.csd.net

Linux - don't fear the penguin.