Stupid redhat problem

Michael Kohne mhkohne at discordia.org
Fri Sep 25 12:39:12 GMT 1998

I've got a stupid startup problem with samba under RedHat 5.0. Whenever I
restart the system (I moved the server yesterday, so it got a reboot) samba
doesn't startup. Looking at the /etc/rc.d/rc3.d directory shows there there
is no link from there to /etc/init.d/smb. I put such a link in at some
point in the past (after the LAST reboot, as I remember), and it has now
vanished. This is silly, but I just can't figure out the right way to deal
with this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Michael Kohne
mhkohne at discordia.org
"Evolution is God's version of domino rally"