Logon Musings

Juan Carlos Castro y Castro jcastro at pcshop.com.br
Thu Sep 17 23:50:03 GMT 1998

I'm toying with the idea of writing a Samba-oriented Win95/98/NT logon
window. I know it's possible to replace Windows' logon mechanism with
another. Novell's Client32 does this. I know there's also standards to
make a network service available to Windows' change-password mechanism
(so I can fire smbpasswd on the other side). That could be an
alternative to establishing Samba as a PDC a la Samba 2.0. Only I can't
find how to do it. Any directions?

- Juan

*    Depois de tudo que aconteceu,     *
*            você AINDA vai            *
*   botar dinheiro na mão da NIKE??    *  OGY IS POLICY @ THE END
****************************************  L     *****************
                                          O     *     FIGHT     *
TRUST NO ONE @ DE  E @ BELIEVE THE LIE @ AP     *      THE      *
                N  T                            *   FUTURE!!!   *
   ___THE___    Y  A                            *****************
   \  \ /  /       CSUFBO @ EVRES RO TSISER @ ELGIEVNI @ EVIECED @ ET E
@
     \   /      V |Juan Carlos Castro y Castro                    | H
     /   \      E |jcastro at pcshop.com.br                          |   A
    /  ^  \     R |Linuxeiro, alvinegro, X-Phile e Carioca Folgado| O A
   /  / \  \    Y |Diretor de Informática e Eventos Sobrenaturais | GIN
   ~~~   ~~~    T |da E-RACE CORPORATION                          |
                ING @ E PUR SI MUOVE @ THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE @
EVERYTHIN