Network is busy

Jordan Krushen jkrushen at home.com
Tue Sep 8 20:32:44 GMT 1998

Ok, I've gone through the list archives, and there's a bunch of questions,
but no answers.  I'm referring to the Error: Network is busy when logging in
from both Win95 (a and b versions) and Win98.  It seems to never give this
message unless the Windoze machine has been rebooted forcefully - it seems
as if the samba server hasn't realized that the client has left, and is
locking the connection somehow.  After a short time (a few seconds to a few
minutes) the connection rights itself.  There doesn't seem to be any
correlation between cpu usage for smbd and this error.. I've seen it when
there hasn't been anyone else connected to the machine.

Any ideas?

J.