Login from Windows 98

Padraic Renaghan bulk at renaghan.com
Sun Sep 6 04:52:48 GMT 1998

>I have a small problem!
>I am running a samba server on a linux machine.
>When I log in from a windows 95 machine all works well.
>Trying to log in from a machine running windows 98 I get
>the message that the passwod is not correct!! What do I have
>to do, to log in from the windows 98 machine???

You are most likely having problems because later versions of Windows programs
have disabled plain-text password authentication. You need to re-enable it.
See the Win95.txt file which is shipped with Samba distributions. If you don't
have that file anymore, you can see it at
http://samba.isca.uiowa.edu/samba/ftp/docs/Win95.txt

--

Padraic Renaghan <padraic at renaghan.com>
PGP Key http://www.renaghan.com/pgp.htm