password encryption

Winnie Lin Winnie.Lin at sv.sc.philips.com
Wed Sep 2 17:59:50 GMT 1998

Hi,

I enabled password encryption and NT clients were able to connect.  However,
Windows 95 users were not able to connect any more unless they use smbpassword
to reset the password (it's not an acceptable solution for our environment).  If
I used "update encrypted = yes", "encrypt passwords" then Windows 95 users can
login with NIS password but not for NT users.  How to use encrypted passwords
for both NT and windows 95 automatically?

Thanks!

--