Problem with SCO 5.0.2

Stephen Davies scldad at sdc.com.au
Tue Sep 1 12:01:12 GMT 1998

>  -----------------------------------
> Has anyone been able to compile a working version of Samba using the native
> compiler on SCO Openserver 5.0?  The compile completes successfully.

..
..
..

I can't offer an explanation as to why you have a problem but I can confirm
that I have built several versions (including 1.9.18p10) with the native SCO
compiler and had no problems.

However, I have recently installed gcc under SCO OS5 and discovered that the
binaries are less than half the size and run at least as fast as those from
the native compiler.

Cheers,
Stephen.