Anyone resolved "failed to lock SMB passwd file"?

Robert Dahlem Robert.Dahlem at frankfurt.netsurf.de
Sat Oct 31 10:17:47 GMT 1998

Anthony,

On Sat, 31 Oct 1998 11:05:18 +1100, Anthony Ord wrote:

>Another thing, the reply-to line should be changed to the mailing
>list. As it stands, if someone has a problem and you reply to it, by
>default only that person receives the answer. The mailing list as a
>whole do not.

I dont think so. I personally always use my mailers function "reply to all
recipients" when answering a mailing-list message. So my answer makes it to the
list and to the original sender. The original sender gets it as fast as possible
even if (s)he receives it in the digest form.

Its just a question of discipline ...

>If need be, perhaps a new mailing list called "samba-answers" should be set up,
>and the "Reply-To:" line set to that.

This would be nothing but another FAQ list with the disadvantage of messages just
disappering in its archives. The "SP3/Win98 case" is mentioned in the FAQ and
every question coming up here just proves that those cool guys dont read it. Be
sure: they dont even read the archives, they just post to the list. :-(

Hasta la vista,
               Robert

Robert.Dahlem at frankfurt.netsurf.de
Radio Bornheim - 2:2461/332 at fidonet +49-69-4930830  (ZyX, V34)
                 2:2461/326 at fidonet +49-69-94414444 (ISDN X.75)