Disable SAMBA cache

Dan Nguyen dan.nguyen at hpa.com.au
Fri Oct 30 01:35:17 GMT 1998

Hi ALL,

	I have a MS DOS 3.0 client PC mounting a share from Digital Unix 4.0A
server. This PC is running a DOS program which updates a log for all events.
By monitoring the log file I found that it will be updated at the rate of
4KB and as it will take 10hr to fill 4KB of data this becomes a problem. I
believe that two possibilities for this to happen:
	1. The DOS program only flushes to the log when its buffer hits 4KB.
OR
       2. SAMBA cache somewhere and flushes at 4kB rate.

   I need help to answer, not probably right, the second possibility.
   Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dan A NGUYEN
HPA Victoria -IT Infrastructure Team Leader
Tel: 03 92175505
Fax: 03 92175702
Dan.Nguyen at hpa.com.au