Master Browser

Florian G. Pflug fgp at fgp.priv.at
Thu Oct 29 12:51:37 GMT 1998

Hi

> I am using samba-1.9.18p10 in a Redhat 5.1 Linux box.
> I have a short question, i.e.
>
> Is it true that once the nmbd is running and becoming the Master Browser,
> others win95 clients will not act as Master Browser anymore ?

The MB (Master Browser) is elected, and the elected computer is MB until one
of the others starts a new election. With win31 is happened to me, that
after the samba-server won, one of the client immediatly started a new
election. Under win3.11 this can be stopped by setting
MaintainServerList = NO
LMAnnounce = NO
in the system.ini's network section

Under win95, there are similary setting somewhere in the registry.

                                                 Greetings,

                                                     Florian