Question on force user & log messages

Elizabeth Ewing eewing at dev3.ctc.edu
Wed Oct 28 21:13:54 GMT 1998

I am running samba on HP-UX 10.20 with clients on Win95.
I have two questions.

Where can I get more information on the force user parameter?
I am using it but am unable to get it to properly prompt for
a password when mapping it.

Next question deals with log messages in log.nmb.  Where are these
two messages coming from and how do I get rid of them?
--IP address changed to XXX.XX.XX.XX

process_name_registration_request: unicast name registration request received for name 2103DH
<00> from IP XXX.XX.XX.XX on subnet UNICAST_SUBNET. Error - should be sent to WINS server
process_name_refresh_request: unicast name registration request received for name 2103DH<03>
from IP XXX.XX.XX.XX on subnet UNICAST_SUBNET. Error - should be sent to WINS server

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Elizabeth

eewing at cic.ctc.edu
(425) 803-9773