browser problem

Steve Fosdick steve.fosdick at aom.bt.co.uk
Tue Oct 27 18:17:47 GMT 1998

You wrote:

> The browsing capability in Network Neighborhood
> disppears periodically.

I likewise have a problem with browsing and NT clients.

In my case the log would appear to indicate that the samba server is
becomming the browse master, but the workgroup shows up empty in the
browse list.

I was interested by the output you quote from smbclient -L.  I have
tried to get something similar from my smbclient to compare but only got
a list of shares on the samba server.  Were you using any other option
that '-L'?

Steve Fosdick                  Internet: fosdicsj at aom.bt.co.uk
Voice: +44 1473 642987         MSMAIL:   BTEA/BTLIP23/FOSDICSJ
Fax:   +44 1473 646656         BOAT:     FOSDICSJ
Snail: B29/G34, BT Labs, Martlesham Heath, Ipswich, IP5 7RE, England.