Autocad R14 + Samba

Dave Porter dave__porter at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 27 14:02:10 GMT 1998

I know this is an old problem, and have found old archives mentioning
the same problem. I believe there was also a samba bug logged for the
problem - #756.

Trouble is, I can't find any mention of a solution. The problem is to do
with accessing Autocad R14 drawings over a samba share, it seems there
is something non-standard/incorrect with the locking. Autocad complains
(seemingly randomly) that the drawing is read only, even when UNIX
permissions definately allow read/write.

It has been suggested to set 'max mux' to 1 but this has had no effect,
did anyone come up with a solution ??

Oh, and the problem does not appear to be platform specific, we have the
same problem on Sun and Dec Alpha machines.

Thanks in advance.

Dave