nmb error

Robert robert at mhi-tx.com
Mon Oct 26 20:56:23 GMT 1998

I am having a problem with browsing..and have been through all the
browising docs (i think) I have an error in my log.nmb as follows:

"process_lanman_packet: On subnet (ip of samba server) ignoring browse
packet command code 4 from (AFPS_SERVERNAME)#00600<20> Ip (ip of
AFPS_SERVER)<00>

where AFPS refers to "Advanced File and Print Server" running on SCO
5.0.2 this is my PDC for the domain (AFPS), the samba server is in this
domain..ie the "workgroup= AFPS" .
Mostly everything works exept I can only see the samba server in a
browse list if I go to find->computer and enter its name on a win95 box.
It doesn't show up in regular browse lists from nethood etc.

Any clues would be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance
Robert