Samba replacing NFS

Christophe Dupre duprec at risq.qc.ca
Mon Oct 26 17:20:54 GMT 1998

Hi,
if you have that slow a speed with NFS, you should check your configuration.
While Linux doesn't have a very good NFS server, the client code is very fast.
And Solaris is one of the best NFS server around, especially with a E450...
Check that your web server mounts the filesystems with the options
"rsize=8192,wsize=8192", it's the only caveat we have here when mounting a
filesystem on Linux from Solaris. And here, it runs a at near wire-speed.

--

Christophe Dupre
Analyste de systemes,

"Nous ne sommes pas libres de ne pas etre libres, nous sommes obliges de
l'etre"  -  Fernando Savater