IBM 4039 Laserprinter. Weird problem.

Philip Tong ptmc at pd.jaring.my
Mon Oct 26 01:30:51 GMT 1998

I have menaged to setup Samba services to share an IBM 4039 printer and have
tested another printer (Epson LX-800) on the PC. It works fine.

The weird thing, the IBM4039 will not print anything. All the jpbs will be
spooled. For each print job to be printed. I will need to switch off the
printer and switch it on again.

Have anyone encountered such problems before? I know there is basically
nothing wrong (to my knowledge) with the setup since the LX-800 is working.
Furthemore I have another similar setup using an Epson Stylus Pro and its
working fine.

Anybody have any idea? Anything you could think of is good, cos' I'm really
baffled.

TIA