Do I need Samba?

Dwaine Thomas Dwaine.Thomas at AlconLabs.com
Wed Oct 21 18:16:56 GMT 1998

Samba Team-

Although this is not a bug report, I am inquiring whether samba is the
package I need to complete my objective; that is, to send email from my UNIX
box to users with PCs running NT.

I am running applications on a Silicon Graphics Indigo2 under the operating
system, Irix 6.2 and want to email results to customers.  The customers are
using PCs with NT and Microsoft Exchange.  Trying to make the UNIX Sendmail
and Microsoft Exchange talk to each other has been futile.  Can Samba help
in anyway or one of its modules?  If the answer is affirmative, then is
there an easy way to set up Samba on my system.  I have downloaded all the
files, but really don't have a clue as to what to do next.  Any help would
be appreciated.  Thanks.

Dwaine Thomas
NMR Lab
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.