The credentials supplied conflict with an existing set of credentials

Gerald Carter jerry at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Sun Oct 18 00:56:26 GMT 1998

>I have a different Unix userid for each project I'm working on, so I need to
>provide a different userid/password combination for each drive I map to my NT
>4.0 SP3 system.  But, whenever I try to supply a different userid in the
>"Connect As" box and hit "OK", I get the message:
>
>	The credentials supplied conflict with an existing set of credentials
<snip>

The NT network redirector can't handle it.  What you can do is
either to place different entries in you local lmhosts file ( on
the NT box ) and use those.

Here's the general idea

	net use \\server\share1 /user:1

	net use \\aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd\share2 /user:user2

where aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd is the IP address of "server"

Hope this helps,
j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )