WIN 98 password problem

J=DCRGEN?= ANZER RICK_ at t-online.de=?ISO-8859-1?Q?
Sat Oct 17 01:07:45 GMT 1998

Szekely Denes wrote:

> Three days ago I had a mad ideea to install Win 98 on my PC. Until this
> date I cannot map or access from WINDOWS my user directory and any other
> shared resurces on the SCO, because my password is rejected. Based on my
> previous experience with Microsoft products I try any
> uppercase/lowercase mixture on my password, I try to change my password,
> but nothing helps!
> So there I am...
> PS. If I try to access the server with TELNET, for example everithing
> working fine...
> Szekely Denes
> Sysop on Miercurea-Ciuc's network
> http://clmc.topnet.ro
> e-mail: dszekely at csoft.ro, denes at clmc.topnet.ro

Please consider that Win98 uses encrypted passwords - Win95 used
plain-text passwords.
This point was discussed previous in this forum ...
there is a patch to be made in the win98 registry that looks something
like
"encrypted passwords = 1" -> "encrypted passwords = 0" or something like
that.

Hope this helps..

Juergen Anzer

--
snail: 	ANZER GmbH - Pieperstr. 14 - 32791 Lage - Germany
email: 	rick_ at t-online.de
voice:	(0049) 5232 / 9777-21
fax:	(0049) 5232 / 78094