WIN 98 password problem

Szekely Denes dszekely at csoft.ro
Fri Oct 16 11:12:42 GMT 1998

Hi!
I'm new on the list, so please, be patient with me!
I have a problem for wich I can't find the answer in the FAQ. Until
recently I was running a 16 PC-s network with SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 and
Samba 1.9.16p11 on the server and mixed clients (Win 3.11 to Win 95
OSR2). The users on the network have access to a PUBLIC directory on
they own user directories on the server without restrictions. For the
Public was no password required, for the user directory you must supply
your user name and password on the SCO.
In the similar way I has access to the httpd directory to manage the
webserver's content directly.
Three days ago I had a mad ideea to install Win 98 on my PC. Until this
date I cannot map or access from WINDOWS my user directory and any other
shared resurces on the SCO, because my password is rejected. Based on my
previous experience with Microsoft products I try any
uppercase/lowercase mixture on my password, I try to change my password,
but nothing helps!
So there I am...
PS. If I try to access the server with TELNET, for example everithing
working fine...
Szekely Denes
Sysop on Miercurea-Ciuc's network
http://clmc.topnet.ro