win98 vs win95 with TCP/IP

Hall, Ken (ECCS) KeHall at exchange.ml.com
Tue Oct 13 18:02:48 GMT 1998

This brings to mind a question though:

Why is oplock processing on Samba so much slower than it is on NT?  It
sounds to me like it should be an architectural problem, but the originator
implies that it works reasonably well under NT.

Forgive me if this has been addressed previously, but I'm a little new to
Samba and SMB networking in general.