SAMBA digest 1836

Sarma Seetamraju sarma at usa.net
Sat Oct 10 18:40:03 GMT 1998

samba goes through the trouble of converting the IP numbers x.y.z.a into
names.You can use 'nslookup' command on LINUX (not available on win95/98)
wherein you can type in the name and it will give you the IP address.
Then go to any of the win95/98 machines and do your nbstat command.
If the netbios name you get is DIFFERENT from the %m portion of the
log file (log.%m) then you have a serious problem.
If they match, then you found your answer to your question below in
'nslookup'.