Trouble with multiple login under the same name

ASI 29 asi-3042 at eurobretagne.fr
Thu Oct 8 12:19:53 GMT 1998

Hello everybody

I have trouble with my Samba server (1.9.16.P11 or 1.9.18.p0) / LinuX
Redhat 4.2 (or SuSE 5.3)(kernel 2.0.30).

Here my typo:

1 Samba server
10 Windows 95 clients
2 Windows 98 ....(I 'm a poor guy I know !!)

All work fine when the windows users log on the server with different
name .
(I try with "netlogon" and without it). They have valid unix account and
password
(I don't use smbpassword)

But as the network is in a school, I don't want (and have the time) to
create a
account for every students (not really students they are ~6 years old !!
).

So I decide to create only 5 account :
-monday
-thuesday ...

And on Monday all users use monday as login and "dummy_pass" for
password.

So when 2 users logon with this method (same login/password) .. that
work fine
They have access to the server .. with the right ownership(all the same)

But when they try to logout they have a nice blanck screen and that all
!!
wait ... nothing .. The only thing that work is switch-off !!

That was a big problem

Now I want to find what can I do arround it ?
-Is it a Windows 95 bug (more more !! )
-samba (I don't think)
-A configuration ..( I join with this mail my smb.conf)

Note that I try both with netlogon off and one .. and profile sharing
disable .
 The problem is the same

Thkx a lot for all answer ..