SAMBA digest 1835

Tim Rand tim at datapage.com
Wed Oct 7 23:02:36 GMT 1998

I am sure this is a SIMPLE configuration problem but I am missing it.

When I double click withing Win 95 Network Neighborhood on a samba server
(on SCO) to connect to it I get a dialog box:

  You must supply a password to make this connection.

  resource  \\SCODEV\IPC$
  password  ____________

Why does it ask me this for the simple browse access of initial connection.

When I connect I get my HOME directory as well as TMP and printers which I
expect.

Thanks in advance

PS my samba conf  smb.conf   file is like this: