Problems with netlogon batch

Lars Steinke steinke at ruf.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Oct 7 17:49:57 GMT 1998

Hi there,

we are pretty sure to have our Samba version 1.9.18p10 configured for
running a logon.bat which mounts a SMB filesystem on Win95 client logon.
Funnily enough we see the message "Win NT logon script: Executing logon
script" but obviously this is not actually true, as the filesystem is not
mounted after this message box (a DOS box flashes up briefly as well)...

Excerpts from smb.conf and logon.bat follow:
[global]
   printing = bsd
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes
   guest account = nobody
   invalid users = root mail bin adm uucp
   logon script = scripts/logon.bat
   domain logons = yes
<snip>
   os level = 33
   domain master = yes
   local master = yes
   preferred master = yes
<snip>
[netlogon]
        path = /netlogon
        writeable = no
        read only = yes
        browseable = no

--

c:\windows\net.exe time \\cipsa /set /yes
rem Fix windows-login

rem Make sure only users pwl-file exist in c:\windows
del c:\windows\*.pwl

rem Mount home-directory
net use g: \\cipsa\homes

rem Copy users .pwl file to c:\windows
copy g:\*.pwl c:\windows

logon.bat is MS-DOS ASCII !!!
The copy is not carried through either...

Regards,

       /(__  __|\          Lars Steinke, Research Student @
      (    \/  __)_        www.fmf.uni-freiburg.de, Germany
       )   (_____  /       for PGP PKey and WWW-Page finger