NT profiles on samba server

Miao Ye my at math.luc.edu
Tue Oct 6 18:14:22 GMT 1998

Hi, there,

	I put roaming profiles for NT4 users on samba server.

In "Domain User Manager", I set "User profile Path"  \\abel\profile\%U.pds,

here abel is samba server.

It works well, but everyday several users complain. Sometime, they cannot login because of

roaming profiles. Sometimes, some users cannot run VC or VB.

Sometime, I only need to remove ntuser.dat on samba server \\abel\profile\%U.pds

and copy a fresh one. Sometime, I have to remove whole subdirectory \%U.pds on samba server,

and copy a fresh profile.

	After I read Luke's mail two weeks ago, I changed group ownership and permission.

When profiles on NT server, "administartor" has full control on profile subdirectories.

 So, I set up "administrator" on UNIX (sabma server) and set up group "ntadmin" including

"administartor". Now, all sundirectories have 770 permission.

But, it still does not work.

Can you please help me ?

Thank you very much.

--Miao Ye

System administrator

Dept of Math & CS
Loyola university Chicago

abel# niscat group.org_dir | grep ntadmin
ntadmin::510:administrator,root
abel# pwd
/profiles/98spr
abel#
drwxrwxr-x  15 wwu      ntadmin       512 Jul 20 15:09 wwu.pds
drwxrwxr-x  15 xliu     ntadmin       512 Jul 20 13:35 xliu.pds
drwxrwxr-x  15 xwei     ntadmin       512 Jun 20 17:30 xwei.pds
drwxrwxr-x  15 ywang6   ntadmin       512 Jul 20 12:33 ywang6.pds
drwxrwxr-x  15 yxu4     ntadmin       512 Jan 29  1998 yxu4.pds
drwxrwxr-x  15 zcao     ntadmin       512 Aug 27 09:47 zcao.pds
drwxrwxr-x  15 zzhu     ntadmin       512 Jun 11 12:23 zzhu.pds
abel# pwd
/profiles/98spr
abel#